Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

ISS7 application tries to open filens from website folder

staleb 
I'm new to iis7 and having problem browsing an application.

I create a new website and point it to C:\inetpub\wwwroot, and I try to browse it and it works

I add an application Netpark (with virtualpath /Netpark) and I try to browse it I get an error message saying:
"The Resource cannot be found" requested URL: /login.aspx

But if I  type in localhost/netpark/login.aspx it shows, but then the next page (default.aspx) is missing,
because it looks to the website root folder it seems.

Is there some setting in my web.config file that says it should use the website folder instead of the application folder.
Or is a setting in IIS?


pcsmitpra
It seems to be some configuration issue with your application Netpark virtual directory. You may check the path of the virtual directory if its pointing to correct place and check permissions on that physical directory, if it allows  user "Network Service".
You may try to browse it using http://serverIP/netpark/
If you still face problem then you may create a new website and map netpark virtual directory as the root for the new website.

No comments:

Post a Comment