Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Applicaiton Hosting

I am hosting all the company online application under MyDomain.com however the holding company have many small companies and now they what each company to have their online applicaiton using their own domain. For Example: instead for shows.MyDomain.com they want shows.ThierDomain.com
I guess my quesiton how do I host the application with our domain names that I do not have control over, so the DNS server is not under my control?
All my servers are Windows 2008 R2, IIS 7.0
Any help will be very much appriciated.
Thank you
Roy


My Solution: - You already have webstie for your company with name "MyDomain.com". Now first you can buy ( incase you need public facing )the domain name for your applications like ThierDomain.com .
Once you buy the domains , the domain registrar (like Go daddy) will provide you a control panel where you can mention the DNS for that domain name ,  You may use name servers provided by registrar. So as you will mention the 'A' record the domain name will point to your servers. This process may take some hours or 1 day.

On your server side you need to make separate websites like  ThierDomain.com  in IIS so that DNS name will find it there. For safety purpose you can install firewall / proxy server between Internet and your webserver , and open the connection only for particular port like 80 , 443 .

I hope you will get it. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment