Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Webserver, how to...?

Hey Guys

Just a quick question,

I have a server built with sbs2003, my domain is working fine, email blah blah.
I have created a website in dreamweaver and have saved the site in a folder called "site" and have copied this to my server.
question is this...how do i make this my active site?  and am i going about this the right way?  I appreciate that hosting a website on sbs2003 is a crappy idea and i would never recommend doing this to clients, but its my own personal website, so only friends will be looking, 


Solution: - 
hosting a website on sbs2003 is a crappy idea >>> :-( it made me SAD

how do i make this my active site? > You browse website by using hostname also known as domain name, YOu need to configure that. So you can browse it like you do any other webstie .
Lets , you like to keep the hostname www.Domain.com ,
Go to Start ->  Run  -> Inetmgr -> Website -> On right side -> locate your website and right click  -. properties -> Advance -> Add -> hostname mention it here , Keep TCP port : 80 and  Press Ok

Apply and Ok

If you like to browse it from local server then make an entry in
RUN > Drivers\etc \host file
127.0.0.1   
www.Domain.com

Same you can do at your Local desktop
If you have DNS server then make a record for it there,

I hope this will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment