Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Classic ASP site on Windows server 2008

Question : - I've inherited a classic ASP website hosted on an old NT server and connecting to a SQL 6 database.  I'm moving that website to be hosted on a new Windows Server 2008, and transitioning the database to SQL Server 2008.  The database I've moved successfully, but I'm having an issue with the website move.

From the new hosting server, I can view the site using it's given URL (http://intranet/home)...but from any client machine, using the exact same URL, I receive the "500 - Internal Server Error" message.  Even if I were to try to use the IP address in the URL, I get the 500 error.

Roles installed on the server:
Application Server
File Server
Web Server

Features installed on the server:
ASP/ASP.NET
FTP Publishing/Server/Management
IIS6 Management Compatibility
ISAPI Filters
Request Filtering

I know that there are some issues with running ASP on Windows Server 2008, but I thought it was possible to get it running.

Any help would be much appreciated.


Environment : - Windows 2008, IIS 7

Solution : - 
Please provide details about the 500 error message. You can make it enable
A: IIS> Sites > Website > Error Pages > Edit Feature Settings > "Detailed errors"
B: IIS> Sites > Website > ASP > Debugging Properties > Send Error to Browser = True

No comments:

Post a Comment