Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

How do I enable ASP error output to a Browser?

Question: -    I have an ASP script which has an error, but for some reason, IIS has stopped sending debug information. I've checked that "Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages" is unchecked, but all I see is:-
500 - Internal server error.  There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. Any ideas how I can fix this and display the normal ASP error details so that I can debug the asp page.


Solution : -      
IIS6
Check that IIS > Server > Websites > Website > Properties > Home Directory > Configuration > Debugging > "Send Detailed ASP error messages top client" is checked.

IIS7:    

A: IIS> Sites > Website > Error Pages > Edit Feature Settings > "Detailed errors"
B: IIS> Sites > Website > ASP > Debugging Properties > Send Error to Browser = True

No comments:

Post a Comment